The method used in installing custom recovery in Samsung galaxy S7 and S7 Edge is not much different from the methods we have used in installing it i
The method used in installing custom recovery in Samsung galaxy S7 and S7 Edge is not much different from the methods we have used in installing it in other Samsung Galaxy phones in the past. This post is specifically written to give you a step-by-step guide on how to install ClockWorkMod (CWM) and Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) custom recoveries on your Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
Before we continue with this tutorial, I think it is important for you to know what a custom recovery is and why you should flash it on your phone.
Why Flash a Custom Recovery on My Android Phone?
Many android phone users do not really know what a custom recovery is and why it is a must needed on your phone. A recovery page is a pre-booting page on every android device which allows us to carryout some operations like factory reset and cache wiping on the phone when it is not powered on. Recovery page can give us the privilege to still access our phone and restore it from certain firmware errors that may not require flashing to correct. Every android device comes with a Stock Recovery (Factory Installed Recovery). A Custom Recovery is a third party built recovery which has been developed to be compatible with our various android devices and can be installed to replace the stock recovery in a process called flashing. A custom recovery is designed to do much more than the stock recovery.
Having talked much about Android Recoveries, let us go back to the topic of the day.
How to Install Custom Recovery in Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
In this post, we shall be dealing with the installation of both CWM and TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge simultaneously as they are both executed in the same method and procedures.
- Latest Version of Odin – Download Here
- Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge USB Drivers – Download Here
- Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S7 – Download Here
- Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S7 Edge – Download Here
- Download CWM Recovery for Galaxy S7 – Find a Compatible file for your phone
- Download CWM Recovery for Galaxy S7 Edge – Find a Compatible file for your phone
Note that you are only required to install only one out of CWM and TWRP. So, in the absence of CWM, TRWP would still be up to the task.
Complete Samsung Galaxy S7 Flashing Guide
2. Tap on “Software info” then start tapping on “Build number” until it says, “Developer mode has been turned on”.
3. Tap the back button twice and tap “Developer options”.
4. Turn ON “OEM unlock”.
5. Power off your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge Phone. Power it back ON by holding down Volume Down, Center Home, and Power buttons together until you see a warning screen. Release the buttons and then Press Volume Up Button once to go into Download Mode.
6. Now, Connect your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge Phone to your computer using a USB Cable.
7. Now, Run Odin.exe file inside the downloaded Odin and make sure that there is a blue sign in Odin as shown on the image below;
8. Now, Add the Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge (depending on your phone) CWM or TWRP Recovery file downloaded earlier to Odin using the PDA or AP buttons
9. Hit on the Start button on Odin to begin Custom Recovery Flashing. Your phone would restart automatically when the process completes
10. Now, disconnect your phone and that is it.
You can Boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode by holding Volume Up, Center Home, and Power buttons down together. Release the bottons immediately the phone comes up with some write ups at the to screen.
You can use the comments section below to request for further assistance.