Do you have an android phone? Has your phone been serving you really well? Here is a list of the Top 10 Android Apps in 2017 that would make you enjoy your android phone to the fullest by offering you some basic services you may never of thought of.
These Top 10 Android Applications in 2017 are all selected at our own discretion based on how important we have reviewed them to be for our everyday use and could be different from other Top 10 Android Apps of 2017 you would see in other websites and platforms.
This list also excludes religious android applications like the Quran, Holy Bible, etc as we picked and evaluated android applications of general acceptability. It also excludes android applications which are readily available in android phones by default like; Google Chrome, Youtube, Play Store, etc. We have also excluded all social network android applications from this list of top 10 android applications in 2017.
No need to continue beating around the bush, below is our list of Top 10 Android Applications of 2017 with a download link to each application listed.
Truecaller is an android application which gives users the ability to identify unknown callers and block unwanted calls.
With Truecaller, you can see names and photos of people who call, even if they are not saved in your phonebook. With a community-based spam list of over 200 million users, Truecaller is the only phone app you’ll ever need.
- Always see who’s calling — works for saved contacts and unknown numbers
- Block spam callers and telemarketers
- Search for any name or number
- Make calls directly from the app
- No more unknown numbers in your call history
- See when your friends are free to talk
- Copy a number anywhere (e.g. website or apps) and Truecaller will tell you who it belongs to.
Truecaller never uploads your phonebook to make it searchable or public. 3G or Wi-Fi is required for Truecaller Caller ID to work. Know that operator charges may apply.
[Download ##download##] Truecaller android app from Play Store.
Read Also: Top 10 Android Apps for Watching TV
Xender makes the second spot in our top 10 android applications of the year in two successive years.
Xender is an Android Application which allows users to transfer all kinds of files from one device to another easily and conveniently via a WIFI connection which the app creates. Xender is the best android app to satisfy your large and bulk file sharing needs with an amazing speed.
- Transfer files with flash speed
- Share all kinds of files without restrictions
- Free of network connection
- Send large files without limitation
- Supports cross platform transferring
- Smart phone replication
- File manager
- Check out connected friends’ mobile apps
Supported languagesEnglish, Arabic, Bengali, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Thai, Turkish, Hindi, Russian, German, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Vietnamese
[Download ##download##] Xender Android App from Play Store.
Read Also: How to Take Screenshots on PC
3. App Backup and Restore
This is an amazing android application which you can use to backup all the apps in your phone and save them in an external storage device. This app extracts the APK files of all your apps and then makes it possible for you to restore them in any other android device or even restore them on your device after a factory reset or flashing. You can also use the app to share the extracted APK files to other devices via a Bluetooth or wireless connection.
- Backup, restore, transfer, share apps to SD card or cloud like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- Transfer, Share app/file without routers.
- Batch backup, restore, transfer, share.
- Auto backup, restore with auto backup notification.
- Transfer, Share backup market link.
[Download ##download##] App Backup and Restore from Play Store.
CamScanneer is the world’s number one mobile document scanning and sharing app with over 100 million installs in more than 200 countries and regions. CamScanner is featuring in our top 10 android applications of the year for the first time and it surprisingly took the fourth spot.
CamScanner helps you scan, store, sync and collaborate on various contents across smartphones, tablets and computers.
- Mobile Scanner
Use your phone camera to scan receipts, notes, invoices, whiteboard discussions, business cards, certificates, etc.
- Optimize Scan Quality
Smart cropping and auto enhancing make the texts and graphics look clear and sharp. This offers a better quality to make your document look exactly like it was scanned in a scanning machine.
- Extract Texts from Image
OCR (optical character recognition) extracts texts inside single page for further editing or .txt sharing. (Licensed only).
- Print and Fax
Instantly print out docs in CamScanner with nearby printer; directly fax docs to over 30 countries right from the app.
- Advanced Editing
Making annotations or adding customized watermark on docs are made available for you.
- Secure Important Docs
Set password for viewing important docs; meanwhile, when sending doc link, you can set password to protect it.
[Download ##download##] CamScanner from Play Store.
Read Also: Top 10 Android Apps for Watching TV
5. Photo/Video Locker
If you have photos and videos in your android phone which you do not want everybody to see, Photo and Video Locker android app provides the easiest and safest way to create a secure location on your device to store and protect your personal and important photos and videos.
- Password protected app access with a PIN or Pattern.
- Lock photos / videos directly from your default gallery.
- Works with your device’s memory / SD card to import and export photos and videos.
- Album View to manage your photos/videos faster.
- No storage limitations with unlimited photos/videos.
- Does not show in ‘recent apps’ list.
- Automatically quits in device’s sleep mode.
[Download ##download##] Photo/Video Locker from Play Store.
6. Hide App
Do you have certain apps in your android phone which you do not want other people to know you have them? AppHider can help you to hide any app. After an app is hidden, the app icon will disappear from the Launcher/Menu.
- Totally free with no Ads.
- Hide apps (Hide Icon) from Menu.
- Support PIN lock to avoid unauthorized access to hidden apps.
- Support auto backup and restore (After you reinstall AppHider, the previous hidden apps can be restored back).
PicsArt is also featuring in this top 10 android apps of the year for the first time and it is occupying the seventh position.
- A global community of creatives.
- Hundreds of photo editing tools.
- Customizable filters and effects.
- Text, sticker, and image overlays.
- Collage maker.
- Photo camera
- Drawing and painting tools with layers.
- Advanced artistic brushes.
- Generate animated gif and videos.
[Download ##download##] PicsArt from Play Store
Never should your phone or tablet become slower and battery hungrier after lots of apps installed. With Greenify, your device can run almost as smoothly and lastingly as it did the first day you had it.
Greenify help you identify and put the misbehaving apps into hibernation when you are not using them, to stop them from lagging your device and leeching the battery, in a unique way! They can do nothing without explicit launch by you or other apps, while still preserving full functionality when running in foreground
9. Advanced Download Manager (ADM)
This is another app that is featuring in our list of top 10 android apps of the year for the first time.
Advanced Download Manager is the best android app for downloading large files. It has an amazing download speed and splits a file into parts to boost download speed and time and merge the file on download completion.
- Download up to three files simultaneously.
- Accelerated downloading by using multithreading (9 parts).
- Interception of links from android browsers and clipboard.
- Download files in background and resume after failure
- Loader for images, documents, archives and programs
- Downloading to SD-card for Lollipop and Marshmallow
- Smart algorithm for increased speed of downloading
- Boost downloader for 2G, 3G and 4G networks
- Resuming of interrupted downloads
[Download ##download##] ADM from Play Store
10. Dictionary (Merriam Webster Dictionary)
When compiling this list of top10 Android Applications for 2017, we thought of removing the dictionary app for another utility app as the dictionary app would be serving only those in the English speaking regions. We finally decided to include it for its usefulness in our everyday communication and for the fact that our website is entirely written in English language and gets about 90% of it traffic from the English speaking regions.
We recommended the Merriam Webster Dictionary in this post for its simplicity in defining and explaining words and also for its simplified user interface.
This is the best Android app for English language reference, education, and vocabulary building.
And now they’ve added new word games! It’s never been more fun to learn new words and test your vocabulary for everyone from English learners to total word nerds. Hundreds of words to test your skills.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
- New Vocabulary-Building Quizzes.
- Voice Search: look up a word without having to spell it
- Word of the Day: learn a new word every day.
- Integrated Thesaurus: synonyms & antonyms are included with the dictionary
- Example Sentences: understand how a word is used in context
- Quick Definitions: perfect for on-the-go lookups
- Audio Pronunciations: voiced by real English speakers, not text-to-speech robots
- Favorite Words and Search History: Keep track of the words that are most important to you.
[Download ##download##] Merriam Webster Dictionary from Play Store.
Read Also: How to Take Screenshots on PC
Thank you for reading this post to the end. Do tell us about any Android App you think is missing on our list by using the comment area below for us to review it for a possible inclusion.